Sunday, July 13, 2014

Series: US. Episode: 4. Title: Massachusetts

Massachusetts is the fourth state I visited during my 48 states US states road trip. Massachusetts has a special place in my heart as I have spent many days in the state during my entire seven year stay in the USA.

Here are the impressions of the state of Massachusetts -

Massachusetts - Welcomes you
(c) Ankil Patel www.mwschool.in
  • Cambridge: Had a relationship with the state for four years while I went to the Harvard University for masters in IT. Harvard was about 120 miles / 120 minutes drive away from my home in Maine. Have memories of weekly trips I made to attend classes at Harvard in hard winters for the entire semesters. Met some of the very intelligent minds of IT industry at Harvard. Graduated in 2013.
  • Boston: Visited several times. Favorite places - Boston Museum of Science, New England Aquarium, Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Memorial Bridge. Best way to reach to Boston from Maine is to take DownEaster train. It has complimentary wi-fi, comfortable seats and beautiful scenery of New England during your trip. What else you need? Ah, they have a nice pantry car where you can buy food. The train runs between Brunswick, ME and Boston South Station, MA several times a day. Search for deals online and you might be able to find a 50% off deal easily. And at last, how can I forget Logan International Airport. Boarded many flights, visited several timea to pick up/drop relatives and lastly, said goodbye to the USA from Logan only.
  • Burlington: Visited Burlington almost every month while I was in the state of Maine. Drove 110 miles to Burlington to enjoy finger-licking Indian vegetarian food at Ritu ki Rasoi. Another good and frequent eat used to be at the Pongal - south indian restaurant in Billerica - adjacent to Burlington. Burlington mall, Barnes and Noble book store, AMC cinema were other places where I spent many hours while visiting Massachusetts.
  • Framingham: Dravidian style Sri Lakshmi temple and a vegetarian south Indian restaurant - Dosa Temple were the places I visited handful of times.     
Next up - New York!


No comments:

Post a Comment