Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Series: US. Episode: 1. Title: Maine

During the Summer of 2013, I did a road trip of all 48 US main land states in 30 days while driving 10000+ miles.

Let me start with the state which is in the extreme north-east corner on a US map. It's the largest state in New England. And it's dear to me as for most part of my stay in US, it was my home state. The state of Maine - The Way Life Should Be.

You may have read my previous three posts and might have recognized my love towards bullets. So, here is the bulleted list of my (not at all inclusive) impressions of the state of Maine.
  • Caring, accepting and unbelievably helpful people.
  • Among the lowest crime rate and least polluted states of the US.
  • Home of L.L.Bean, Inc. - a true american retailer. One of the top 20 e-tailers in the US.
  • Lots (I mean it, when I say lots) of snow! Comfy summer! Colorful fall! 
  • Visit - places in Maine, in an order with an assumption that your driving from south to north, Portland Headlight, L.L.Bean's flagship store in Freeport, Boothbay Harbor, Acadia National Park. 
  • Eat - Cappuccino+Almond Croissant @ Maine Roasters Coffee on Route 1, Yarmouth. Chocolate chip cookies @ Old World Gourmet. 


Welcome to Maine sign on northbound Interstate 95

Next up - New Hampshire!

No comments:

Post a Comment